December 22, 2011

Schoolgirl Style Gingerbread



http://www.schoolgirlstyle.com/2011/12/christmas-and-winter-classrom-decorating/

Melanie always amazes me! 

It may be too late for all the decorations but there is still time for a gingerbread party. 
Check out her website and see all her fantastic stuff and a couple of really cute kids.

Gingerbread, candy canes, and hot chocolate....that could go on for all winter.




Plus, Jan Brett, my favorite!
Kate, my first grader, came home the other day and said...."I love Jan Brett!"
I said. ""Me too!"
Jan Brett says there is more to tell in a story than you can say with just words. 

That is why she puts picture borders around the pages in her books. 
You can spend as much time looking at the pictures
as you do reading the book.

There are several Christmas books by Jan Brett. 
 Find one and read it.  Don't forget the pictures! 

My favorite is Wild Christmas Reindeer.  What is yours?
The Wild Christmas Reindeer


Close this window
CTP 5889
http://www.creativeteaching.com/

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't pick just one. Love Jan Brett! I've met her, had her autograph books, and have the pictures to prove it!
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Gingerbread theme by Melanie also! In fact, I just purchased all of it last week. :)

    ReplyDelete