- Display reduce, reuse, recycle messages on a bulletin board or pocket chart. CTP's Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Mini Bulletin Board set is a great option with lots of pictures and facts to spur on conversation.
- Go over each message (or piece from the bulletin board set) to discuss and reinforce the concept of conserving natural resources.
- To reinforce the conservation methods, have students cut pictures of related items from magazines (the example above shows an environmentally friendly cleaning product) and glue them to the back of the flash cards, or for extra fun, use Take Care of the Earth Designer Cut-Outs.
- Next, assist children as they glue a craft stick to the back of the flash card or cut-out.
- Encourage children to take turns in discussing how the image relates to the concepts of reduce, reuse, or recycle.